The basic function of the steam trap is to discharge the condensed water, air and carbon dioxide gas in the steam system as soon as possible; at the same time, it can automatically prevent the leakage of steam to the maximum extent. There are many varieties of traps, each with different performance.
According to the different working principles of traps, it can be divided into the following three types:
Mechanical type: Actions depend on changes in the height of the condensed water level in the steam trap, including:
Floating ball type: The float is a closed hollow sphere.
Open upward float type: The float is a barrel type with an upward opening.
Open downward float type: The float is a barrel type with downward opening.
Thermostatic type: Relying on changes in liquid temperature to act, including:
Bimetallic strip: The sensitive element is a bimetallic strip.
Vapor pressure type: The sensitive element is a bellows or an ink cartridge, and the inside is filled with volatile liquid.
Thermodynamic type: Action depends on the change of the thermodynamic properties of the liquid.
Disc type: Due to the different flow rates of liquid and gas under the same pressure, the different dynamic and static pressures produced drive the disc valve to move.
Pulse type: When condensed water of different temperatures passes through the two-pole serially connected orifice plate, different pressures will be formed between the two-pole orifice plate, which will drive the valve disc to move.
Installation of trap
1. A cut-off valve (cut-off valve) must be installed before and after, and a filter should be set between the trap and the front cut-off valve to prevent dirt in the condensate from blocking the trap.
2. There should be an inspection tube between the trap and the rear shutoff valve to check whether the trap is working properly. If a large amount of steam is emitted from the inspection tube, it means that the trap is broken and needs to be repaired.
3. The bypass pipe is set up to discharge a large amount of condensate during startup and reduce the discharge load of the trap.
4. When the trap is used to drain the condensed water of the heating equipment, it should be installed in the lower part of the heating equipment, so that the condensate pipe is connected to the steam trap vertically to prevent the heating equipment from storing water.
5. The installation location should be as close as possible to the drainage point. If the distance is too far, air or steam will accumulate in the long and thin pipe in front of the trap.
6. When the horizontal pipeline of the steam main pipe is too long, the drainage problem should be considered.
Post time: Jul-13-2021